Nursing: Our registered nurse monitors the general health of each member whether he or she is dealing with the effects of a stroke, diabetes, heart disease, depression, memory loss or other chronic illness or disability. Each person’s specific health needs are addressed in partnership with their family and their personal physician.
Our registered nurse provides:
- Nursing assessments and treatments, medication assistance, wound care and diabetic management
- Coordination of care with physicians, community resources and family members
Occupational Therapy: Licensed therapists help people with a variety of physical abilities improve their strength and mobility through:
- Individual assessments and therapies + exercise and strengthening programs
- Balance and ambulation programs + a stationary bicycle program
Members receive an assessment by an occupational therapist every three months. A customized care plan is created to monitor each participant’s progress.
Social Services: Northwest Adult Day Health & Wellness Center’s social services specialist facilitates the intake process.
They accept referrals and coordinate with Whatcom County agencies to ensure everything is in place for new program members and their caregivers. Social services also:
- Administer cognitive and mood assessments
- Consult with community resource providers, caregivers and physicians as needed
Activity Specialist: The activities specialist plans and implements a daily therapeutic program that is designed to meet physical, social, spiritual, creative and emotional needs of adult day health members.
The center also has a team of program assistants who provide personal care, assistance with activities and food service.