We’re so glad that you’re interested in our day health program! At NWADH, your loved one can form friendships and participate in activities that can help significantly improve their quality of life.
“Our members truly notice when someone they care about isn’t there,” said Kevyn Avery, our social worker, in a recent article. “The relationships formed here are significant to each one of them, and those relationships can help improve quality of life.”
So, here’s how to get started. These are the steps you’ll take to begin enrollment in our adult day health program:
- First, call Northwest Adult Day Health & Wellness Center at 360-306-3031 and ask to speak with Kevyn, our social worker. Request a tour of the facility and/or an intake interview.
- Second, an intake interview will take place. During the interview, we will discuss your loved one’s reasons for wanting to join the program and how we can help achieve your goals. This intake interview is an assessment that we do to determine whether someone is eligible for the program. Some of your goals might be:
- to socialize,
- to relieve depression or isolation,
- to work on specific therapies related to improving balance or walking, or
- to provide a family caregiver with some needed time alone.
- Next, we will discuss payment options. These may include:
- Private Pay: $75 per day, plus an initial intake fee of $116.05.
- VA: Call 206-277-4459 to confirm eligibility.
- Long-term Care Insurance: Sometimes; please ask your insurance agent.
- COPES/DSHS: Contact Home & Community Services at 360-756-5750 for approval.
- Respite for family caregivers: Contact Kate Massey at 360-676-6749 to learn if you qualify.
- Memory Care and Wellness Program.
- Together, we will complete the necessary paperwork. We can also help you enroll in Whatcom Transportation Authority’s specialized transportation system which provides free of low cost rides to and from NWADH.
- Next, after all the paperwork is completed, including a medical order from your doctor, adult day health staff will follow up with you to discuss where they see you or your loved one fitting into the program and, together, we will decide on the days of attendance.
We truly believe that Northwest Adult Day Health & Wellness Center can be a lifeline for adults, and we’re excited that you’re interested. Just contact us, and one of our friendly staff will walk you through the entire process.
See you soon!